Friday, March 20, 2009

Doctor's appointment

The doctor's appointment went well today. She weighs 15 lbs., 11oz. and is 24 inches. Her weight is in the 95th percentile, and her height is in the 25th percentile. Poor girl. :) She did really great with her shots - she only cried for about a minute and has been happy the rest of the day. She just went down for a nap, and was bawling her head off so she had some Tylenol and hopefully will sleep for a while now. Poor little legs!

There's nothing wrong with her ears, and the doctor doesn't think she's cutting teeth yet, so we just have to let her cry herself back to sleep at night. Sad. It's probably worse for us than it is for her. I did a practice run last night to see how she would do, and she was up 5 times, but only 2 times to eat, and the other times she put herself back to sleep within 5 minutes. So, I guess I'll just be tired for a while, at least on my 4 days off. I may use the car seat on the nights I work, but maybe she'll just need 4 days and will have it down! Wishful thinking, I'm sure. I think we'll start food in about a month or so - she suggested starting around 5 months so she has a while to get used to eating before 6 months when breastmilk isn't enough anymore. She said she's growing just fine on just milk though, so it's really up to us when we want to start her. We're so thankful she's such a happy, healthy and growing little girl!

No comments: