Thursday, June 11, 2009

7 Months

I think I need to stop saying that I can't believe how big Jocelyn is getting. I'm probably always going to think she's getting too big too fast! Here we are at 7 months. She's really seemed to do a lot this month; she's now a by herself sitter, and does not stop moving for one second! She really wants to crawl, and it constantly moving from sitting to her tummy, back to sitting, to reaching for a toy, to pulling up (almost) in her crib and on the stairs! She can roll from her back to tummy now but mostly does it in her crib when there's not much else to do. As I'm writing this, she started crying (she's been sleeping for over an hour). I went in to peek on her, and she's asleep on her tummy! I know they say once they can roll over on their own it's fine if they sleep on their tummy, but now I probably won't sleep for the next 5 months!

She's eaten all her fruits, and is still not a big fan. What a weirdo! She liked peaches and pears the best, so hopefully we'll get her liking those better. She tried Cheerios, but didn't really know what to do with them. She ate two, but wasn't a big fan. I think she's getting another tooth - at least she better be, as she's had a cold and been a crab for the last week and had another super bad diaper rash. I was really thinking all her teeth would come in pretty easily since the last two did, but maybe top teeth hurt worse (I think that's the order they come in...).


She also now thinks the day starts between 6:00 and 6:30, which is so not the case on my days off. We're going to start working on no night time feedings once this tooth comes in; I would love to sleep for 7 hours in a row! Truly, the lack of good sleep is definitely the hardest part about being a mom (so far anyway). However, she just keeps getting more fun every day, and I love being a mom even more than I thought I would. She loves to play peek-a-boo (especially with Grandpa on Skype) and giggles at anything Kailee does or says! Her smile just makes my whole day!


This was longest photo shoot yet - she doesn't like to sit in one spot very long. I'm sure they'll keep getting worse as the months go on....


So excited!

She kept wanting to grab the camera


She'll be crawling soon...

Here are some other pictures from this month:


I was making dinner, and peeked around the corner to see what she was up to - she had scooted over and pulled herself up! She thinks she's super funny - and she's pretty proud of herself, I think.




Bath time with Mommy!

Trying out the Cheerios...

1 comment:

Lanae Brown said...

I laughed out loud at her Cheerio face! You're right, she is NOT a fan, that is so funny! She is so sweet though, I just love that smile!