Thursday, June 25, 2009

Visit with Auntie

This past weekend my sister came home for a visit! I was so excited to see her - we hadn't seen her since Katie & Brian's wedding. We also got to see Jonathan, but not for very long. They were in town for a wedding in Des Moines, and we only saw him one morning and one evening. We went to the zoo on Thursday, and it was a gorgeous day. We had fun seeing the new exhibits and Kailee got to feed a giraffe! A fun fact about giraffes: their tongues are black so they don't get sunburned - they eat 22 hours out of the day.

We had fun hanging out and playing with some of Jocelyn's new toys. She had her first fever over the weekend, and today finally got her 3rd tooth! I figured that's what the fever was from, but she was still pretty sad. She did a lot of sleeping! Good thing we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house - they love to hold her when she naps, especially when she's not feeling well.

Sunday was Father's Day, and we didn't even get to see Calvin! He had to go back early for work, and we stayed since we don't get to see Katie very often. It was great to spend the day with Dad though! It was a great weekend, but I'm super tired this week - I guess I need a routine too. Good thing I'm on vacation now for the next 11 days!

This is my favorite animal picture - doesn't it look like she wants to eat that little girl?


Kailee feeding the giraffe a cracker


Grandma and Jocelyn with her cute sun hat

I love being tickled!

I love Aunt Katie and Uncle Jonathan! Move closer to me please - Boston is too far away!

Playing with a new toy from Once Upon a Child - that's a great store! She was getting bored with her toys - she wanted something she could pull up on.

So proud of herself!

Here's Jocelyn dancing to the music on her new toy (with a little help from Katie)

Helping Grandpa open his cards

Eating Grandpa's cards - she LOVES to eat paper!

Sitting in a big girl high chair at Jensen's - our favorite breakfast restaurant

Jocelyn and Auntie

What a good looking group!

No comments: