Thursday, August 13, 2009

9 Months

Okay, okay - I know I've been super bad about keeping up with my blog posts lately, and I know how much some of you love looking at cute baby pictures. Sorry! I was told I had until this week to get some new pictures up, so here they are! :)

Well, my baby is now 9 months old, and she doesn't seem like much of a baby anymore. She knows what 'no' means, laughs after she toots, shows off her skills for people she doesn't know, and knows that we think things she does are funny, then proceeds to do them all the time!

She's got the crawling down, and goes especially fast when she sees paper, a dog toy or a dog (the poor dogs - they may spend her toddler years in hiding). How come they love the things they're not supposed to get into? She pulls up on everything, can move from the couch to the coffee table when she's standing, and just tonight started pulling up with just one hand. She also knows how to get back down - I think that only took a few times of getting stuck standing up. She just never stops moving!

She's started a little of the stranger anxiety, and has cried a few times when Calvin's dropped her off at day care. She likes to carry around a toy every day; not the same toy every day, but once she gets one in the morning, that's her favorite for the day. No more teeth yet, but she sure does chew and drool a lot still. She's saying ma-ma now (not to me, but at least I know she's capable of saying it). Still loves to eat, although green veggies are not her favorite anymore. Bummer. Ice cream, however, is quickly moving to the top of her list. If she sees us eating anything, she thinks she needs to try a bite. And she gets quite upset if you don't share.

We have her 9 month checkup on the 31st, with no shots this time! I'll be anxious to see how she's growing - she may be slimming down a little now that she's so active. She's still a chubber though! Enjoy the pictures - I was ready for a nap after taking them!

Here's the first one - a little fuzzy, but her best smile while looking at the camera
This is when it started going downhill - she got the giggles and just wanted to laugh and move!
All she wanted was the sign. I tried bribing her with sunglasses, but she didn't care.
I even tried other paper, but she didn't even care about that!
Laughing at Ellie
Such a goofball!
She just wanted to be done!
Other pictures from this month:

Getting ready to play in her pool for the first time. We had to put it in the front yard so Ellie wouldn't jump in! She really liked the pool and had so much fun.
She loves to splash, but doesn't quite get that it makes water get in your face!
Her favorite place to crawl to and sit - under the table!

No comments: