Thursday, August 13, 2009

Visit with Uncle Brian & Aunt Katie

This past weekend my brother and his wife were in town for the week, so we came over to Mom and Dad's for a long weekend. It was so great to see them - I wish they lived closer. I guess I really didn't get that many good pictures, so I hope between their camera and Mom and Dad's there's some good ones.

They arrived very early on Saturday morning - they took the red eye from Seattle and got in to Minneapolis around 6:00. We just kinda hung out Saturday which was nice - we all did a water balloon toss which turned into a water fight. That evening we went to a birthday party for some friends of the family and had fun visiting with friends. Sunday we went to the Uptown art fair and checked out some art, then went to the St. Paul Saints game in the afternoon. We had family over for dinner Sunday evening and played some games outside. Monday we played tennis in the morning - I haven't played in such a long time! What a good workout. Then we went to the Como Zoo - Katie had never been to a zoo before, and thought it was pretty neat. The orangutans were putting on a great show. Tuesday we slept in, had a huge breakfast and played croquet (which I won - by a lot). We didn't want to come home - what a great vacation!


I love Grandpa!

I love Grandma! Look at all my teeth!

Looking at the bee.
She's discovered the bee decoration Mom has hanging in the window. She loves it! Every time we walked in the kitchen, she'd look at it, reach for it, laugh and wiggle with excitement.

Trying to stay cool at the Saints game

There's a butterfly exhibit at the zoo - one landed on Mom's back! It was a really cool exhibit - hundreds of butterflies all around you.

A close up of her friend

The only picture I have of Katie & Brian

Kailee wearing Jocelyn's hat

No comments: