Sunday, February 27, 2011

Princess Gigi

Mom came over for a visit this weekend - Dad's been up in ND for the past week and a half helping my brother fix up their new house.  We had a fun time - did some shopping and some good playing.  It's really nice that Jocelyn turned out to be a girl - it's SO great to already have all girl toys!  I've been pulling out some of the old toy bins lately, and we've had a lot of fun playing with all the "new" stuff.  Saturday night she wanted to play tea party and dress up like a princess.  She insisted her name was Princess Gigi, and was refusing to answer to anything but that!







Jocelyn loves to watch Spongebob.  Now, I realize it's not really an appropriate show for a 2 year old to watch, but it's the only one that Kailee & Calvin can stand to watch with her, so whatever.  Her favorite character on there is Plankton, or as she calls him, That Tiny Guy.  Calvin found this stuffed Plankton and got it for her - she loves it!  It's her "Pwanktom". 
We haven't really been up to too much lately - hence the lack of pictures and posts.  I'm actually on vacation all next week and I'm VERY excited about that.  I had some time I needed to use, and things are crazy at work right now and going to be getting crazier, so I thought it a good time to be off for a while. :)  I plan on sending Jocelyn to daycare and getting stuff done around the house!  I've already started - I'm on a cleaning out my house binge, and am de-cluttering!  Not that we have a lot of clutter, just a lot of stuff we don't use and it's driving me nuts.  Calvin's back working at T.G.I. Friday's for a while - they had some management turnover and so he's over there until we can find some new people.  That will keep him busy!  Jocelyn continues to be a sweet girl and so much fun.  She's been really into puzzles lately - we are up to doing a 60 piece puzzle with assistance.  She's been a very inconsistent napper lately, and I'm really not ready for no naps.  I love my 2 - 3 hours every afternoon!  She's starting to sing more - she's shy about just sitting there and singing - even just in front of me.  But she loves music, so I hope she gets over her nerves!  Kailee is doing well too - we had her conferences last week and they went very well.  She's improved the most in her reading skills in her whole class!  Math continues to be a struggle, but she's working hard.  She starts a running club this week, so that will be good.  She'll find out in a few months what instrument she'll play next year - her top 3 were clairinet, flute and sax.  I'm hoping for the flute.  Less squeaking that way.  Softball signups were this weekend, and that means spring is almost here!  We can hardly wait!!!

No comments: