Sunday, March 13, 2011

Winter Boredom

We're ready for spring.  Especially today, now that it's light out until 7:30.  We should be spending the evenings outside!  I can't wait to post pictures of the garden, playing on the swingset, sprinkler...the possibilities are endless!  Now you're just stuck with boring pictures of us playing inside...again.  I'm glad I live where there're seasons though.  It makes the year more exciting.  Now we're longing for spring; in the fall we'll be longing for snow.  Well, maybe not longing.... 

Here's a bathtub drawing from Jocelyn.  I drew the smiley faces (I know, quite the artist) but she added the arms and legs on the orange person, and the arms, legs and hair on the pink person!

Along with the princess dress up stuff I discovered 3 doctor's kits!  I'm not quite sure how we have 3.  So, we donated one and she kept the other 2.  It's one of her favorite things to play these days!  Here she is giving Ann the full check up.

Last Friday was Calvin's birthday.  We celebrated on Wednesday with dinner and brownies at his parent's house.  We didn't even go out for his birthday yet - I was feeling like I was getting sick starting on Wednesday, and just felt better yesterday.  Now he has a stuffy nose and isn't feeling well today!  We'll get out one of these days....

Jocelyn is very into birthdays - we have a ton of them from January - April, so she's getting a lot of practice!  She did a great job of helping Daddy blow out his candles.
Here's a video of Jocelyn singing her ABC's.  You have to listen closely - she tends to leave out some of the middle letters...who needs them anyway?  She's starting to sing more and more and I love listening to her sing!  It's amazing to me how much of the lyrics she knows.  Also, notice the multitude of barettes she's wearing.  She's becoming quite adamant about which ones she wears each day, and this day it was 5 different "pretty" ones.

No comments: