Sunday, August 14, 2011

Time is going TOO fast

My little Jocelyn is growing up!  I was away all weekend scrapbooking (we left Thursday morning and got back Sunday afternoon).  I really think she grew up in the four days I was gone.  She can say three the right way now - no more "free"  and she can reach the pedals on her trike (maybe I just didn't notice that one - we've been way too busy this summer).  Or maybe because I was scrapbooking old pictures and spent the weekend remembering all the fun we've had with her over the last almost 3 years. 

 She loves her umbrella from Auntie Angie, and she loves her rain boots.  What a goof!

 Eating a popsicle - her 4th in the last two days.  My parents came and stayed with the girls on Saturday while Calvin was at work.  She told me tonight that she had 3 popsicles yesterday!  And she really did - Grandpa fessed up. :)

 She set up the "hotch scotch" for probably 30-40 minutes tonight, all by herself.  She told me she was going to be the teacher and get the numbers out.  She took all the pieces out of the garage, and when she took a number out she'd start singing a song with that number.  Her two favorites were (Number) Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree and (Number) Green and Speckled Frogs.  It is so fun to sit and watch her play.  You can just see all her little thoughts and ideas come to life.  She has quite the imagination, and I love to encourage that!

 Here she is on her trike - she loves the bell, and we played Ice Cream Man so she could ring the bell a lot.  Like I said - gotta encourage that imagination!
I have enjoyed every stage of Jocelyn - but this one is probably my favorite.  She's still kind of a baby sometimes, but is very independent most of the time, and has the funniest conversations.  She still wants to be rocked and hugged and kissed.  And she randomly says "I love you too, Mama!" which just makes my whole day!

No comments: