Friday, March 9, 2012

Art Class

Jocelyn doesn't do too many scheduled things - swimming lessons last summer was the first thing we'd done.  While I do enjoy things like that, it's also nice to be able to just stay home if we want to.  However, I felt like we were turning into homebodies and staying in our pj's way too often.  So, when a friend told me about an art class she was signing her son up for, I thought we'd give it a shot.  It's Thursday nights, which doesn't really get us out of our pj's, but she loves it and looks forward to it every week.  We missed the first class because she was sick, but the other 3 we've been to she's had a great time. 

Week one - painting.  She really likes to paint, so I thought she'd love this week, but has actually liked the other two better.  Maybe because painting is something we do often at home.
 Week two - gluing.  I knew she'd LOVE this week - gluing is one of her favorite crafts, and one we don't do very often because it gets messy and sticky.

Her placemat - they put the things on contact paper and then put a piece of paper behind it to make a placemat!

 She could have made about 100 egg carton treasures.  They got to paint on colored glue and then add all sorts of fun things.
 Week three - 3D art.  Her "fish" sculpture.  The beading of the pipe cleaner was her favorite part.
 And then she discovered the face painting station.  Can you tell she also LOVED this one?  Most of the kids drew a few lines on their faces - not this girl!  She sat there for at least 15 minutes just drawing on her face (they were in crayon form).
 She wanted to wipe it off and start over, but it was getting to the end of class.  So I told her she could paint my face!  She thought that was great fun.  Don't we look beautiful?!
 Bath night was sure interesting!  Most of it came off fine, but getting the black out of her eyebrows was a bit tough.  I hope this isn't a preview of her teenage years....

She starts dance class the end of March, and she is so excited she can hardly stand it. I think it's going to be more movement and not so much actual dance, but we'll see. I think they wear t-shirts and shorts, which I know she won't be okay with. We may be the only ones there in fancy clothes.  I think this fall I'll probably find an actual ballet type dance class.  Where she can wear a tutu and get all fancied up. 

No comments: