Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mother's Day & Other Stuff

For Mother's Day this year, I got breakfast in bed!  I love breakfast food - it's my favorite meal of the whole day.  Calvin and Kailee got up and made me pancakes - yummy!  I also got the cute necklace I'm wearing in the pictures.  When I tried it on, I asked how it looked.  Kailee said it looked cute...Jocelyn said no.  I asked her what it looked like, she said "barettes!"  Which it kind of does!  I love being a mom and had a fun day hanging out with Jocelyn.




After church we went over to Pat & Anita's to visit with them and Morgan, Nicole and Henry.  It was Nicole's birthday too - what a precious day for her!  Jocey wouldn't get any closer to Henry than this....

We've had quite a few rainy days this spring, so out came the big blocks.  We had fun building houses and fences and stayed in our jammies all day!  She'd stay in her jammies all day every day if I'd let her.  Calvin helped her build this house - she was pretending to be the big bad wolf.

Here's the big bad wolf blowing the house down!

Our first garden crop of the season!  We planed asparagus last year, but it didn't produce.  So I was a bit surprised to see this pop up so early!  We haven't done any other planting yet - probably Memorial Day weekend.  Asparagus grows SO fast!  The stalks are only growing a few at a time though, so it's hard to get enough to eat at once.  I don't know if that will change as it gets warmer or not.

And, the happy news for the week is that Jocelyn is potty trained!  She pooped on the potty about a week and a half ago, and that's kind of what I was waiting for.  So then last Saturday I put her in undies in the morning, and we haven't gone back to diapers!  She does still wear them at nap/bed, although at day care she woke up from her nap, told her teachers she had to go potty, and then went back to sleep!  I about fell over when I heard that.  She's done really great, has had a few accidents, but all have been outside, where I think she just gets too busy playing and forgets.  But she'll realize she peed, then stop and go inside to finish.  And, she hasn't pooped on the potty again - she just waits until nap/bed time to do it.  Little stinker.  I was really dreading potty training, but she's made it very easy on me!  

No comments: