Monday, July 18, 2011

The Cabin

We once again made our annual trip up to the Deda's cabin in Phillips over the 4th of July.  We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weather weekend, and a wonderful time was had by all.  Jocelyn and I spent a lot of time in the water and she loved it.  Calvin and Kailee spent a lot of time fishing and loved that too!  Calvin and I slept in a tent - we're quickly outgrowing the cabin and those with new babies got to sleep in luxury. :)  We're already looking forward to next year - Jocelyn has asked many times if we can go to the cabin!

Kailee's big catch - she doesn't put on worms and she doesn't touch the fish.

Henry!  It was so fun spending time with our nephews - they are both so cute and getting so big.

Jocey "typing letters" on Cal's phone
 Morgan and Henry taking a dip

 Calvin, Kailee and I went turtle hunting (I was just there for the boat ride and beer drinking) and foud this little guy!  Isn't he cute?



 This is Elijah - he is the Deda's grandson.  He and Jocelyn had a wonderful time playing together.  They actually live close to us, so we really need to get them together for a play date!


 An evening boat ride - guess it was past her bedtime.


 Bath time for Henry!


 Ama and her girls

 All four cousins!  This was funny trying to get this picture!

 I love tubing.  I haven't gone for a few years because I was either pregnant or Jocey was too little to spend much time in the water.  So this year, I was very excited to go!  Calvin and Adam pulled me and Jocey first, then when she got tired I went by myself.  I was pretty sore the next day!






 The dogs had a blast, as always.  The horseflies were pretty bad this year, and they wouldn't leave the poor dogs alone.  Ellie didn't get in as much swimming because of that, but still had fun.



 Elliot!  We were trying to get him to wear flip flops, but he wanted nothing to do with that!

 Kailee and the Deda's other grandson, Lucas





Henry and Sophie
Chillin' watching TV

 While we were at the cabin, Jocelyn got her first hair cut!  I'd never cut it, and it was starting to get pretty scraggly.  Plus she cried whenever I brushed it.  I was sad that the curls would go away, but they actually stayed! 



She sat so nice for Angie the whole time!



Thanks Ang!
 Playing Memory with Nicole
 These two are going to be best buds!
 Beauty shop



 Eating bing cherries


No comments: