Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vacation - The Ranch

I know, I know, I've been really bad about blogging lately.  We went on vacation the beginning of June, and I feel like I've been playing catch-up since then!  Our vacation was absolutely wonderful.  We had such a great time!  We went with my whole family (except Kailee - she decided to stay home).  We drove out to Big Sky, Montana!  Jocelyn did wonderful in the car - much, much better than I expected, and that made all the difference!  We broke up the trip by stopping the first two nights in western North Dakota at my sister-in-law Katie's parent's ranch.  We could have spent the whole vacation there - what a fun place.  I'm going to blog about the vacation in a few separate posts - I probably won't have time to do it all in one!  Calvin's sister and her husband got a really nice new camera and they let us take it on the trip.  Therefore, I think I took about 700 pictures.  So, get ready to look at a lot of pictures. 

 All set and ready to go with DVD player in hand!  We rented a van for the trip as we drove out with Mom and Dad.



 She thought she was pretty cool sitting in the bed of the truck....


Katie's parents have horses - I don't remember any of their names - but they sure were fun to pet!
 They also have chickens.  Jocelyn could have spent all day in the coop chasing them around and searching for eggs.





 Me and Brian.  We took a little walk around the property - apparently it's great for phesant hunting - Calvin may have to go back again this fall....


They also have some baby horses they keep at someone else's farm - we drove over there to have a look at all of the horses there too.





Their property - their house is on the far left horizon
 We took the 4 wheelers out for a tour, and we got to see this cool teepee ring!  It's kind of hard to see it - but we're each standing on one rock, and there are more in the front. 

 The original homestead





Katie and the baby
 The second night we were there we went to a rodeo!  It was pretty neat - those guys are crazy.  We had a few bulls come right over by us...just a little fence was all that was protecting us from them....




No comments: