Monday, January 2, 2012

Bergner Christmas

On Christmas Day Jocey and I headed over to MN for the Bergner Christmas.  It was the year where both Katie and Brian were home!  We were very excited to see everyone and spend a whole week together.

Abel LOVES dogs, and would cry whenever they would leave the room.  Good thing Bruno and Ellie are so patient!  Ginger would just run away from him.
 Meeting cousin Ella for the first time


 Jocey painting her toe nails - that was sure a good present Santa got her!


 Mom's beautiful centerpiece for Christmas dinner
 The girls in their matching pj's
 Jocelyn did great sharing this week - she loved to make Ella smile and laugh.


 When Calvin and Kailee got there on Monday, we opened presents.  Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the kids a lot this year! 

Showing Abel her new outfit - he was more interested in the train....





Decorating cookies.  Tuesday night we kids went out and left the 4 grandkids with Grandma & Grandpa!  Jonathan, unfortunately, was sick, so he stayed home too.  We had a fun evening out and it was nice to catch up with everyone.   I was really wishing we had snow so we could do fun stuff outside, but I think I'm over that.  It's been great not having to shovel and get all bundeled up!







Doesn't he have the best smile?!


Wednesday we went to the zoo, but Brian brought his camera, so I don't have pictures from that.  I'm sure he'll get them to me soon and I'll put them up later.  Calvin and Kailee had to leave on Wednesday afternoon.  Thursday we went swimming and the kids had a blast!  Until it was time to go home.  They were both screaming their heads off in the locker room - good thing we were the only ones there!


 Abel also LOVES to be in the water, and loves to splash!  He's not even a little bit afraid of the water - he puts his whole head in and splashes everywhere!
 Cold, tired, and ready for naps
After swimming we went and visited Aunt Mae.  Turns out Jocelyn was so crabby because she was sick - poor thing had a fever and fell asleep at Mae's.  She had a fever for 2 days and still isn't feeling great - she slept until 11:00 this morning and has been watching TV the rest of the day.  Calvin and I are feeling a little off too, so hopefully we can beat it before it gets bad.


 Trying to get all three of them to sit nicely, smile and not cry was interesting.  This is the best picture I got, and it took a lot of bribing!

Friday night Katie and Jonathan went out with Jonathan's brother, so we got to watch Abel!  We let him eat lots of popcorn....


 Jocelyn was not impressed with all of Abel's splashing.  I told her it was because she was hoarding all the toys and he didn't have anything to play with. :)
 And this sums up how the last day went.  I think she was still not feeling well and was ready to get home and back to a routine.  I know I was - a whole week of sleeping in, eating a huge breakfast and having fun all day was great!  But tomorrow is going to be brutal - that alarm hasn't been set for a while!

We had a great week with everyone, and I miss all 4 of my babies already.  I'm especially going to miss my Abel - we probably won't see them again until next fall.  We may have to take a trip out there this summer.  I'm so thankful that we have such wonderful families that we enjoy spending time with!

No comments: