Saturday, September 11, 2010

End of summer

I know, I know, it's been quite a while since my last post.  We had such a busy end of the summer that I just didn't have time!  Things have thankfully slowed down now, and we're all able to get a little more time in our day to do things! 

Our garden is almost done now, we're still getting tomatoes and there may be a few more zucchini, but that's about it.  We'll have to figure out what to do with the sunflower seeds as well - there's a lot of them!  I had so much fun with the garden, and am excited to do it again next year - Calvin already has it all planned out for what we'll do differently.  I'd like to add some things and we'll probably not do some things also.  Here's a sampling of our crop!

The sunflowers got way bigger than I thought they would - I was hoping for cute smallish ones.  We'll have to try a different variety next year.

I thought the broccoli was gross (we won't be doing that one again) but Jocelyn liked to eat it raw!

Jocelyn loves raspberries - she's getting better at knowing which ones are ripe and which ones still need some time - they're a little tart!
Here are some random pictures of her playing at the mall's play area.  We didn't go at all this summer, but I'm sure we'll be hitting it up a lot this winter!

Jocelyn continues to be the joy of our lives!  She's really getting big and is putting two words together when she talks - she's even said three words - 'Katie's tiny baby' (my sister's baby is due the end of the month).  She talks pretty much non stop, and totally wears me out!  Everything is 'Mama - what's this?'  or 'Mama!'  which she'll yell louder and louder until I respond.  She's really into reading books lately and will sit by herself for quite a while looking thru them.  She'll finally watch TV now - Elmo is her favorite, but she has a few Baby Einstein videos that she's liked recently too.  That sure makes supper preparation a lot easier for me!  She continues to love her baby dolls, and when I put her down last night she had a baby on one side and her girl on the other, and she was rubbing their backs like I rub hers.  How cute!  She'll drink out of a regular cup now when she's in her high chair, and thinks she's pretty hot stuff that she can do that!  I need to find a gymnastics class for her - she loves to do summersaults and jump and climb on everything!  She's getting a good sense of humor and knows how to tease (she can thank her Daddy for that!).   

No comments: