Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Round 1

We decided to do Christmas gifts while everyone was home at Thanksgiving.  I kinda liked it - I'm almost done with my shopping now! 

Kailee got a lot of nice art/craft stuff - she could spend all day doing that kind of thing, so it was perfect.  She also got a puzzle that we started to put together yesterday...it was really hard!  I finally finished it (by myself - she wasn't here) tonight.

Jocelyn is a very good present opener!






 Calvin asked me on Monday when we talked if I minded if he went and got a Christmas tree without us.  Reason being is that if we waited until our next Kailee weekend it would be two weeks before Christmas, and then I wouldn't have put one up at all.  So of course I said yes!  Well, he totally surprised me by buying the tree, putting lights on it, and decorating the entire house!  I was so excited when we got home on Tuesday.  I don't know why, I just wasn't looking forward to doing it this year.  We did wait until Wednesday to put the ornaments on the tree so Kailee was here too.  Jocey actually put ornaments on, and every time she got one to stay she'd say 'yeah!' 



 This is where Jocelyn stood and put all her ornaments up.  Can you tell?  So far she's done good at leaving them on the tree - she likes to touch them and turn the ones on and off that make noise/have lights, but so far nothing has gotten too far away from the tree.  I think Ellie's tail is worse than anything Jocelyn could do!


I think our Christmas season will be celebrated in many different rounds, which is always a fun way to do it.  I'm excited to do some baking next weekend and maybe even finish up the last of our shopping - then it's on to wrapping!  I think not having to decorate the house made me more excited for everything else.  What a lucky girl I am!

No comments: