Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vacation Part 2

The second part of our vacation (and my favorite part - sorry Cor - babies are just cuter) was going to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving...where I finally got to meet my nephew!  I had to wait 7 whole weeks, and it was so hard to wait.  It was SO much fun getting to be with him (and everyone else too).  Brian and Katie came down on Tuesday - a day early with all the snow they were predicting.  Calvin and I got back Wednesday night, but then he continued on to Eau Claire.  Katie, Jonathan and Abel came on Thursday.  Calvin and Kailee came on Friday.  We had a great time together and hardly left the house!  Those are the best weekends.  I did venture out on Black Friday with Brian and Katie, but not until about 8:00.  They still had the things I wanted at Target, so I'm very glad we didn't get up at 4:00!  We had our Thanksgiving meal on Friday and it was delicious as always.  Brian, Katie, Calvin and Kailee headed home on Sunday, but Jocelyn and I stayed until Tuesday, and Katie, Jonathan and Abel went home on Wednesday.  I think Jocey was glad to get home - 10 days away from home was a lot for her!  But she still talks about Abel and wanting to go back to Grandpa's house, so I know she had a great time.

Warning - a lot of pictures ahead, but I just couldn't leave any out!





 Jocelyn did really well with Abel.  We were all a bit nervous - she's been yelling 'My Namna!' (Grandma) for about 2 months now.  And she said 'no' when we asked if we could hold the baby.  But, she surprised me by being wonderful with him.  She brought Katie his pacifier and burp rag all the time, and wanted to watch him eat and get his diaper changed.  I think once she realized he wasn't going to take any of her toys, she was fine.  She did freak out a little when we were eating dinner and Kailee was playing with him.  She started shaking and crying, saying 'My Ki-ki!' (Kailee).



 She made sure everyone knew they were her toys, and she was being nice and letting him share.



 The little glider chair plays music, and when Twinkle Twinkle came on she was showing him how to do the hand motions. 









 Monday we went to the zoo.  It was fairly nice out, but we stuck to the inside exhibits as it was raining!  Abel wasn't too impressed by the animals.





We really had a great time, and I don't know how I'm going to wait until this summer to see that baby again.  It's a good thing for Skype - what did people do without it?

No comments: