Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ty's Baptism

We made the trek up to Grand Forks for Ty's baptism on April 14th.  Jocelyn and I were going to come over to the Cities Thursday night so the drive wasn't quite as long, but of course we had a snow storm and the roads were better Friday morning.  Didn't think we'd have to think about that in mid April! 

The girls got right into their playing routine and of course had a blast all weekend!

Saturday we got to go to their nephew Rylan's birthday party!  The kids had a blast and it was fun to see Katie's family.  Jocelyn was excited to see Rylan and Mackenzie - she had so much fun with them at the cabin last summer!

Brian put me to work while we were there (okay - I offered - I can't imagine getting anything done with those 2 tiny kids) ripping out the flooring they had put in the office in their newly remodeled basement.  It was defective, so the glue did come up pretty easily.

Sitting patiently before church


So happy!  But you can't get him going too much - he'll either spit up or get the hiccups!
He did great at the baptism - smiled at Pastor Carla the whole time, and thought he might want to hold the candle himself.
All the grandparents
Katie's family





And then this is what we woke up to on Monday morning!  It had started Sunday evening, so we knew it was going to be bad.  Seriously?!  In April?!  So Brian put me to work yet again shoveling the wet, heavy snow.  I did miss my excercise class Monday night since we weren't back in time - this was my substitute.
We were able to leave after lunch on Monday, and the roads were fine by then.  Jocelyn never falls asleep in the car anymore, so I guess she had a fun weekend!

No comments: