Monday, September 16, 2013

First Day of School

Today was Jocelyn's first day of 4K!  She was so excited - absolutely no nervousness around here!  I was so glad - I wasn't quite sure how it'd go.  She didn't even want to brush her teeth this morning - "No, I don't want to brush my teeth!  I'm too excited to leave!"  She barely said goodbye when I dropped her off - had to call her back to give me a hug.  Phew!  That was probably best for both of us...it was a tear free morning! 
 
Eating breakfast with Daddy and watching a show
 
It was frozen outside, but she had a cute new outfit that she was saving for the first day, so she toughed it out for some cute outside pictures. 


 
I wanted to make a sign for the first day, and while perusing many Pinterest sites, I decided that I wanted to have her write her own sign so I could see how her handwriting changes from year to year.  I also didn't help her spell any of the words...I wanted to see that too.  But of course when you're doing projects with Jocelyn one is never enough!  So I had to do one, and she wanted to do a fancy one with decorative letters.  So, we have 3 signs!
 


 
And now the family pictures



 
And the backpack pictures
 She looks about 8 in this picture
 
And we're off!
 
And then Mommy headed to Target where I spent an hour and a half browsing!  (we did really need a lot of stuff too).  I've decided that 3 1/2 hours sounds like a lot more than it actually is.  I didn't get nearly as much done as I thought I would.  Oh well - it'll probably take a while to get used to that too. 
 
She had a great day - she liked art and writing the best, got to sit on the letter J at circle time, had blue jello and blueberries for snack, and made a new friend - she couldn't remember her name, but she has the same leggings as her, so they're sure to be fast friends.
 
I could tell she was pretty tired on the way home - she was up earlier than normal, and with all the excitement and activities they did I was sure she'd take a nap.  She didn't, but did rest in her room for a bit.  Then she was complaining of a headache, so I let her watch some TV.  I had to go to a meeting at work, and when I got home she had fallen asleep in the hammock with Calvin.  She was pretty clingy, and isn't feeling well - had a tiny fever, and didn't eat any supper.  She asked to go to bed at 5:45, and was out in about 2 minutes.  So, hopefully it was just all the wildness of today and she's back to normal tomorrow.  Although I have a bit of a sore throat, so we're probably getting back to school sickness!

No comments: